Remember All Lab Reports Must Follow the Scientific Method!!!
Every scientific experiment or lab activity has the following things that need to be addressed:
- Question or Problem - Anything and everything that must be figured out by the end of the activity. Could be one or many things.
- Data/Research - Any information from a book, chart, definition, etc… that is being used to come up with your prediction for the answer
- Hypothesis - This is your 1st prediction of the answer to the question or problem. It must be based in data from the data section.
- Experiment - This is where you either design an experiment to test your hypothesis or where you research additional information and put together a more complex explanation of the answer to the question or problem.
- Analysis - All additional information observed or researched during the experiment is then calculated, modified, or explained in a way that helps answer the question or problem and ties the experiment together with the previous sections. Additional questions that need to be answered after the experiment are also in this section.
- Conclusion - A summary of the experiment from beginning to end. If your hypothesis is something that needs verified or rejected, this is where you do it. If anything went wrong or affected the outcome of your experiment or even things that could be done better the next time also go in the conclusion.
FASHION A FISH LAB